Friday 4 May 2012

Flyer sketches.

For my flyers I have done some very simple sketches to show what my ideas are. I have used elements from my research to try and project an exciting and clean design. I can use my photography here and be able to use Photoshop a bit more. I found myself using Illustrator a lot recently so it would be nice to have a change of scenery.
Here are my ideas:




This first idea came from the first flyer in my research:




Also the shape represents the banner shape from my logo and kit designs. I simply used a similar composition style here because I thought it did really well to project a speedy feel. Also similarly the hockey player I sketched (photo looks a lot faster and interesting than my sketch!) is leaning slightly to the right but the hockey stick is parallel to the information/type which would tie in well with the composition. It might be that I have to change the position a little on screen but this is just a basic idea so far. I will try different placements for the text and use various colours to make certain pieces of information stand out better than others.




This next sketch was inspired by this flyer I found:


I have incorporated the banner shapes into my sketch simply because it ties in well with the rest of my project and I want to try and make some sharp cut effects or something to symbolise a hockey skate to give it that edge. And the photography will be a key element here to try and portray an exciting feel. Also because people tend to spend a second or two looking at a flyer to determine whether they're interested I need to be able to make sure to catch their eye. To be able to do this I think I need to show a bit more of the player than I have shown in the sketch above.




This one involves landscape/longshot photography of the ice rink where I can photoshop a player into it and create some sort of trail from where he's been skating to make it look a little more exciting and give him some movement but one of the main ideas I had was to have some big text which would look like it's been imprinted into the ice to give a rough and interesting look. The text need to look similar to the below image which is from my research:




As you can see the text is in a perspective which is tilted up slightly to make it look it's on the ground/ice. Also it is slightly grungy to give the impression it's made of ice/printed on it.



This last sketch was just an idea that popped into my mind. I thought about maybe having the logo on the front because that itself I find quite dominating and eye catching so that might be a good solution. Also maybe I could involve a very slightly blurred image in the background to make it quite enigmatic but still seem recognisable. With this there could be a block of text going down in a similar design space as the logo. This would mean trying different sizes for type and information to try and achieve a clean and sophisticated look. Of course I need to make it so it's still readable.

I've now come up with some basic ideas and make the on screen versions and from there I can try other different things used in my research and generally experiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment