Tuesday 15 May 2012

Bus Advertisement research and designs.

I've now completed my bus advertisement and as the same as the inflatable hand merchandise this was a little extra that I thought would be nice to put in. It was going to be basically the same as my billboard designs only on a bus as I needed to keep it consistent. That was when people see the the billboard and bus advertisement they can relate to it the same.
The research I could find were either really basic or totally different. For example most ads you see are of new films coming out and are in the standard 'T' design space along the bus like this:

Own photography
I wanted to do something a little similar and have a mix between an oversized print and whilst still using the 'T' design space as I didn't have the correct photography for anything creative. (If I did then I'd probably do something wear an Ice Hockey player would be taking a shot from a far and the puck would be played by the wheel of the bus).

Types I billboards I found were like above designs where the main image of typically a character/person would be within the descender of the 'T' shape as it's long and has the space which allows a body to the presented. The rest of the ad is filled with text and a background which relates to the subject genre. Other designs that I found were like these:

Found via Google: http://www.springsgov.com/Page.aspx?NavID=3735

This is an ad which I thought stood out to me simply because the ice hockey player is the most dominant piece of imagery there. This is very simple but I think it needs some text to accomodate this picture. Only images that are clear and very well renowned that get away with just an image as everyone would know what it was and what it's about.
Bus advertisements are very similar to billboards, you need to keep it simple with the most important information in a small design space as people will only read it for around a few seconds.
The image above obviously just tells the public that the image refers to Ice Hockey and is advertising the team. Although no text makes me think it's just a symbol of love for local Ice Hockey maybe.

I found that I didn't really need much research for this as I've come to learn that's it's basically exactly the same as the billboard only on a vehicle and on a different different design space. And again because of this I didn't do any sketches as it would have wasted time for me as I knew what I had to do.

These are my designs, the notes on the screenshots explain my reasoning for what I did:





Final thing:




I felt I didn't really learn a lot from this but the fact that I basically redid the billboard aspect only on a bus as that's just the nature of the bus advertisement. Although I do like the way the player is appearing just out of the design space as it stands out and catches the public's eye, which is the main thing it's meant to do so I think even though I've copied the billboard it's still done what it has to do.

I've now done all the work I need to do and now need to print, which I will do tomorrow at college. Mount everything and then hand in! Next thing I need to do though is my final evaluation for this project but I'll do that after I've printed everything and mounted my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment