Wednesday 2 May 2012

Photography.

This post will be devoted to the Photography I took at an Ice Hockey game not too long ago. The game was held in Guildford where Guildford Flames and Slough Jets played.

I basically just want to show how my photography came out and some of the shots that I will use in my advertisement.
In addition to this I have some shots which are overexposed/underexposed etc to show how I tried to experiment with different settings.



These two sets of pictures simply show how I tried to play around with the lighting. Because my camera was already set to an outdoor/sunny setting I had to rearrange the exposure, white balance, ISO and aperture. Unfortunately I'm not too experienced with photography and so I found it difficult to try and get a good setting. But I thought I'd give it a try. I did learn a few things about changing the ISO and white balance and gained some more experience with them but before the event I only really knew about exposure and aperture. After learning more about what I am able to do however it is definitely something I want to pursue as a hobby so I've gained something out of these experiments. It will also give me a lot of freedom with any future projects that I'll get involved in.






These are some of the photos that I have taken (not all) but I might go through and pick some more when I go to experiment with different parts of my advertisement. The action shots in particular will really help spice up my designs for the flyers/bus shelter ads etc as they look exciting which will catch the public eye.
The goalie shots I can use to show my kit designs on him.

I thought I might as well take some photos of the rink itself if I ever try to experiment with different things, for example say photoshop a player from one photo and drop him into the rink to give a different perspective.
Now I have sorted out my kit and these photos I can concentrate on the flyers more. The reason I did my flyer research before was simply because I was annoyed with how much I had to do for the kit and needed a change of scenery. Then I could come back to the kit with fresh ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment