Wednesday 16 May 2012

Final Evaluation.

This project I have certainly enjoyed my time doing something that I feel passionate about which in result gave me pleasure to be working on it.
For my brief I had to design a Logo, Kit design, Flyer, Press Release, Flag/merchandise, Billboard and Bus Ad.
I do feel like I've gained quite a bit from this project and I'm glad I did it but at the same time I'm disappointment with some of it.
I learned how to use some new effects in Photoshop such as the pixelate tool which I've never used until now, I've learned the different styles that there can be with sport design such as styles of different approaches you can take with logos and kit designs. I've learned how to advertise effectively using billboard and bus ads (most of the it was common sense but now I feel confident to design another one without worrying how to make it effective), I've learned how to design for a press release and the many forms it can take. I've learned how to change a person's clothes/kit on a large scale through Photoshop and in addition to this I started using CS5 instead of CS4 and I'm feeling comfortable with it now.

Admittedly I should have picked some better concepts I think. For example I should have only done the billboard or bus ad as they are basically the same thing only on a different setting. However I have learned from this and will bear it in mind for future projects. Also I am not particularly impressed with my advertisement as I had to use the same photo on everything. I caught my photography a game before the premiership final and didn't edit my pictures until that next week so I didn't have the chance to get more photography due to no access to any Ice Hockey games. Their next game is in September, which wasn't helpful! However I have definitely learned from this and will act early on to get my sources just in case they may be flawed. So I think overall my advertisement failed in the photographic aspect of things but I still think I executed the messages well in my work. In addition to this I feel that the lack of photography limited me of doing something different and unique.
I also found it difficult sticking to a plan as some aspects took a lot longer than most and I was being quite precious about the logo and kit. I think choosing something quite personal to me had that effect on me as I love the logo and kit designs in Ice Hockey.
I think I have gotten a little better at showing people my work and receiving feedback but I'm still a little reserved, I think sorting this issue out is a priority for me in the future as most designers need input from other designers for a good final outcome.
So although there have been some quite big flaws in this project I still feel that I've learned a lot from it and has given me the opportunity to do something that I love.

So here are the final outcomes:


Logo:



Kit:



Flyer:



Press Release:



Merchandise:
Billboard:



Bus Ad:



So that is my project over and thanks for reading/viewing!

Special thanks to:
Alex Gamble
Matt Cartmell
Tim Bones
Sancha De Burca
Colin Watson
Lauren Martin
Laurene Pineau
My family and friends at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment