Thursday 22 March 2012

Project progression.

So far my project is going a little slow but I feel like I'm making progress.
I'm making a new post to confirm decisions after yesterday's crit with the class. My feedback was good with the logo but my tutors gave me more ideas with what I could use for a logo. They suggested I have a look at the Tunbridge Wells Coat of Arms and Kent Coat of Arms. I had a look at the Tunbridge Wells crest and it involves a ram's head of Southborough, a crane which represents the Cranbrook R.D.C (Rural District Councils) and a white horse of Kent which are animals which I could consider for my character. I feel it would be best to have a character as it would give the team a mascot/icon to identify by rather than having a simple image. However I don't want to use the horse because it's used everywhere and everything in Kent, therefore the crane and ram is up for grabs but using the ram for Tunbridge Wells when it symbolises Southborough might not the best approach. Saying that however it will still work if I involve the crown as well.

Found via Google: http://www.ngw.nl/int/gbr/t/tunbridg.htm
The crest also involves a blue torse wreath which suggests spa waters from the spring and a crown which would symbolise royalty.
In addition the crest has what looks like red and golden wings acting as arms which symbolise the Tunbridge Wells and Southborough towns connecting.

I'm going to develop more on this and hopefully it'll result in a good logo.

No comments:

Post a Comment