Monday 30 April 2012

Logo testing.

Recently I made an account on the International Hockey forums (http://forums.internationalhockey.net/index.php) and posted my logo on the site (thread is here: http://forums.internationalhockey.net/showthread.php?11539-Ice-Hockey-University-Project) to test my logo and see if it bolds well with my target audience.
I needed to know what message they receive from the imagery and colours. Overall I got a good response from those who replied and they explained to me that they got the regal look and hockey theme from the logo. In result I have proven my logo to be successful but there was an issue that almost everyone had and that was the shading on the left side of the imagery, they said it was too dark and a little awkward on the stick/shield which I can understand. Therefore I made a few adjustments and posted some screenshots of some different versions. Here is the conversation so far:





I tried to change their mind about scrapping the shading and showed them a version without it to prove how flat it looks but I also added a few others with a lighter gold which turned out a bit better and the last reply seemed to agree with that one. The only problem with this is that because the shading is lighter is might mean it'd get lost a little when scaled down. But when I scaled it down I found that 'Sovereigns' was in fact a little easier to read than the darker shaded examples, in addition I don't find the shading to be a priority and is not an important piece of information to take in therefore it wouldn't matter too much if it did get lost a little. The main point of it is to make it less flat and for the logo to pop out a little more which it still does manage to achieve. Therefore I think I will stick with that version.

Also here is my reasoning for these decisions:





No comments:

Post a Comment