Sunday 26 February 2012

Concept Ideas.

I tend to always jump straight into design research without thinking out my project, therefore I need to do it now even though I have some logo research already one.
My concepts for this project is still in thought process and open to change:

Logo:
Typography will be in italics and bold to reflect the game's fast and aggressive nature. For the imagery I want to try to project a similar style of illustration as the NHL logos which are semi-cartoony for the same reasons as the type. Thinking a crown, royal figure, crest leaves, regal animal totems.

Kit:
For the kit I need to focus on colours and what to use that would reflect an aesthetically pleasing appearance. Something regal perhaps. 
Also there needs to be sharp vector shapes which will make the kit look intimidating and strong.
Name and number on the back. In addition to this I want to add the number on the shoulders, both sides of the helmet and maybe on the front of the jersey also.
The most complicated design part for this aspect will be the jersey as it is the main symbol of the player when identifying them, everything else will be relatively simple.

Puck:
The puck will be simple and a printed logo on it. I will however design some other ideas for these.

Badges:
Again the logo will dominate these badges but I think maybe just using the type or just the logo imagery so the visuals will be big and easy to see so when worn on perhaps a bag, it's easy to read/identify when walking past them.

iPhone Case:
I'm going to play around with some ideas for this but I think I want to use the logo of course and some photography of players in action with perhaps some vector shapes which will cut up the photo to create an almost montage effect. Other ideas and designs will be drawn up when focusing on it.

Timetable:
I want to design a double sided timetable that will have a bold title on one side saying exactly what it is, so when people open the package, it will be the first thing they see and know what is it. The other half will be the actual timetable which will be shown in a table with other pieces of information about games etc.

Flyer:
This I want to advertise the team and sport and encourage people to get involved including kids.

Promotional Pack:
An original packaging that has a full print and advertises the team straight off. I want specific indents inside the package that will help to keep all the products in place. Striking photography and graphics to make it look eye catching and interesting. An action shot will be important in order to project a professional and real feel. I want it to be striking at first glance so people will immediately be interested/curious. Also the paper type will make a massive difference which will help project a very professional feel.

Poster:
Player posters and photo montage of players and perhaps double sided which will present the team and its logo.

Car Sticker:
Big and bold so it's easily seen by people in other cars. Just the logo and name is necessary as anything else could potentially encourage people to look away from the road. Saying this however I think using some photography might help, so when people see it then they know exactly what the game is. This will be helpful because they will have hardly any time to focus on it.

Tickets:
2 free tickets which will give people free entry to a game. 2 because it will encourage people to bring a friend/family member. An idea would be to have 3 tear off pieces say, tear one off for child, 2 for junior, 3 for adult etc.

These are my concepts but they are still loose ideas that I want to expand on. I will show this to my tutors when I next see them to get their thoughts and then I can start properly designing. Also something I'm still not sure on is how to advertise it. I could post the packages but some letterboxes are too small and there could be a better way, say have a stall in the mall and hand them out to sporty looking people. I'll have a chat with everyone when I'm next in to discuss this.

No comments:

Post a Comment