Friday 13 April 2012

New Design.

After some thought I decided to move onto a different design because I needed to focus on an image which would appeal to the name 'Sovereigns' and I don't think a ram's head is the right choice. Also the same concept has been covered so many times it would be hard to come up with something that doesn't look exactly the same as other ram head logos.

I need to focus on something which shows something regal, hockey related, menacing but all with a modern design.
In result I thought about using a goalie helmet as the main image (similar to the hockey mask design that I did earlier) and incorporating other elements from my previous designs into this one. Here they are:

Helmet reference from: http://www.fun-with-pictures.com/goalie-mask-coloring-page.html#axzz1s81m0Upm










I feel good about this design as it shows exactly what it needs to show whilst still looking nice and suitable. I think this will be my final choice for my project (alternations are always wanted!) but now the main theme is set I can focus on the kit designs and everything else which has a similar style to this logo.

So far I have learnt a lot about sports logo, the different techniques used in order to project a fierce feel, how important it is to incorporate the sport genre into the logo (usually via the main sport objects ie. for hockey the sticks and puck are the most identifiable).
I have become more aware of modern styles in sports design and trying to keep large images/text in a small design field whilst keeping it legible and clean.

I think I have come to realise that less is more when logos are in mind as they need to be very basic but I find that even the most simple and less complicated designs are quite often the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment